It seems like summer goes by so fast! Father’s Day is already here and these Lawn Mower Cupcakes are the perfect Father’s Day dessert.
Lawn Mower Cupcakes – Father’s Day Dessert
My boys love spoiling their dad with homemade cards and goodies for Father’s Day and these Lawn Mower cupcakes are fun to make and eat for a Father’s Day dessert.
To make these, make up your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe or here is an easy chocolate cupcake recipe:
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease muffin pan or line pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the creamed butter, one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add half of the flour and half of the milk and beat well.
- Add the remaining flour and milk and beat until well-incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to finish the cooling process.
- Ice the cupcakes when completely cooled.
Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with green grass icing.
Here is an easy frosting recipe that I like to use:
Affiliate links included
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 T vanilla extract
2 T cold milk
Green food gel
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar a little at a time and beat on medium speed until smooth.
Add food green gel until you reach your desired color of dark green grass.
Fill 3/4 decorating bag with green icing and attach a Wilton #233 tip. Hold the bag straight up and squeeze. Pull up and away from cupcake to make grass. For a more natural grass look, you can pull the tip slightly to the left or right.
Visit Wilton’s website HERE for a video tutorial, if needed.
And now we get to the best part: making Lawn Mowers. These are fun for kids to help with.
Here’s what you need:
1. Cut Rice Krispie Treats into squares.
2. Spread some frosting on the mini Oreos and stick them to the sides of the Rice Krispie Treats
3. Cut a peanut butter cup in half and use frosting to stick it to the Rice Krispie for the lawn mower motor.
4. Take 2 bendable straws and cut them to your desired height. Make a very tiny slit at the end of each straw with scissors to make it easier to push one end of a straw into the other one so they resemble the handle to a lawn mower.
5. Push both ends of each straw into the Rice Krispies square. Serve and enjoy!!
I hope all the dads out there have a wonderful Father’s Day and that this fun Father’s Day dessert finds its way to your table.
You may also like: