Welcome to the Moms of Boys, the official mom community for The Joys of Boys! This is a place to come together to celebrate raising boys and to share insights, tips, questions, answers and most importantly support for each other as we navigate the world of all things BOYS!
This is an amazing, supportive and large Facebook group. We work really hard to create a fun and positive environment where people feel safe connecting and being real which is why our group rules are in place.
Every post must be approved by an admin before going live in the group.
We enforce the rules, so make sure you read them carefully so you and your post don’t get deleted from the group.
By being a part of the Moms of Boys community you are agreeing to these rules listed below.
- KEEP POSTS RELATED TO RAISING BOYS
Before you post in the group, ask yourself if it is related to raising boys. If not, this isn’t the place for it. There are lots of groups out there for topics of any kind, but this is exclusively for talk about raising boys.
- NO SELLING OR SELF PROMOTION OF ANY KIND
Self-promotion is not allowed in the group. We’ve seen it all and we can tell when people are trying to be sneaky.
Definition of self-promotion:
- selling anything – that means products, services, baby items, etc.
- posting a link to your OWN website or blog is not allowed – If you find a helpful article online that is not from your personal website, please feel free to share it.
- posting affiliate links or any link that you receive a benefit from including fundraising or posts asking for votes
- creating or posting surveys in the group, posts or photos with your social media handles, URLs or business name on them AND posting “free” offers, challenges or groups
- sharing posts directly from your personal profile or business page
- leaving comments asking people to PM you with the intent of sharing your business with them, even in response to questions they may have asked in the group.
- sending friend requests to get people to your personal page where you will be promoting your business. Also, “Let’s be friends” posts are not allowed as 99% of them are done by people in sales.
SELF PROMOTION WILL GET YOU REMOVED FROM THE GROUP
As group founder, we reserve the right to promote something that we feel would be of a great service to the group and we share from TheJoysofBoys.com frequently.
- NO POSTING OF VIDEOS
No creating or posting videos of yourself or your children in the group. No streaming LIVE into the group.
Our moderators have to watch every video and have been put in some very uncomfortable situations.
If you find a viral video that is already popular and related to raising boys, then that is fine to share.
- BE NICE OR BE BANNED
Drama and name calling are not allowed. If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything and keep scrolling.
We recognize that not every mother will parent in the same way and that we are each trying to be the best mother possible.
IF YOU ARE RUDE OR DISRESPECTFUL, WE WILL BAN YOU. NO SECOND CHANCES.
- NO RANTS
If any part of your post includes ‘this is a rant’, don’t post it. This includes posts about Mother-in-laws, ex-husbands, boyfriends, law enforcement, landlords, etc.
Plus, any novel-length posts will be deleted. Our admin approve dozens of posts/hour and don’t have time to read a novel. Make your posts concise and to the point.
- NO PROFANITY/ NUDITY
We want this to be a place where every mom is comfortable. Keep posts PGish in language and content.
Also, pictures of naked children are not allowed. For example images in the bath, going potty, etc. This is for YOUR protection.
- NO POSTS THAT CAUSE UNNECESSARY DRAMA
Certain topics, including circumcision, abortion, politics, religion and vaccines are not allowed.
Admin reserve the right to delete any post on any topic that they feel will cause drama.
- NO POSTS REQUESTING LEGAL OR MEDICAL ADVICE/DIAGNOSIS
We are not doctors or lawyers and anything said in this group should be considered an opinion of the person posting.
Posts asking for medical diagnosis or legal advice will be deleted. These types of posts can be seen as a liability and we just want to keep you and your children safe by having you seek professional advice.
- NO GUESSING GAMES
These types of posts include:
- Guess mine or my child’s age
- Guess how far along I am
- Guess if I’m having a boy or a girl
- Who does my child look like? Mom or dad?
- Am I pregnant? (Pregnancy test pictures)
These make our feed very noisy and don’t add any benefit to the group.
- PM ADMINS
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, if your post is ok or any other question related to this group, please PM an admin. You can find our list of moderators in the members area of the group.
We ask that you respect the time of our Admins and owners and keep messages to a minimum.
If you don’t agree with ALL of these rules, kindly remove yourself from the group.
Other than that, let’s have some fun celebrating our little mud-makers!
**Note: These rules are subject to change without notice. It’s up to you to keep up.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS GROUP
- Ask questions! This group is for asking questions about raising boys (don’t
be shy, we all have them!)
- Support each other by giving encouraging and productive answers (Bottom
line: If you are mean you will be removed. We can have differing opinions
but there is no room in this group for name-calling, shaming, etc.)
- Share milestones/accomplishments
- Share articles that you have found helpful about raising boys
- Post fun ideas and activities that you have done with your boys so we can
share in the fun
- Share advice and give encouragement
If you have questions about what is okay to share, please ask.
I’m so glad you’ve found our group and look forward to connecting with you as we figure out this journey of raising boys together!
P.S. Make sure to grab our free ebook Must Have Tips and Tools for Raising Boys!